ADHD entrepreneur - are you in celebration, or shame?
"So there's one side of the ADHD conversation, and it's kind of a cheerleader world, right? It's this very positive spin on something that is actually a learning disability.
It's looking at all of the ADHD traits as superpowers.
It's looking at the magic of it. It's saying how creative you are and also kind of just laughing off some of the more inconvenient things that happen with people with ADHD.
The fact that we lose our keys, and the fact that we have very, very specific memories of, like where that one rubber band is that we put in a drawer, like seven years ago is, but we can't remember where we put our shoes.
So it's charming, it's fun, it's light, but there's also the dark underbelly of ADHD..." - Katie McManus, Brave Business Coaching
Are you sick of those social media posts cheerleading ADHD like it's some kind of super power?...
This episode covers:
- Getting triggered by the cheerleaders
- The truth about the impact of ADHD for people who have it.
- Your 'book of evidence' that you carry around.
- My own story of how ADHD impacted on my school days.
- Mrs Nishioka, the origami genius.
- How I can help you get to grips with the dichotomy of darkness and light for ADHD entrepreneurs
Who will get the most out of this episode about ADHD entrepreneurs and finding the balance between the darkness and light?
The truth is, yes, there are a lot of benefits to having ADHD.
We tend to be more creative, and connect the dots of problem solving more quickly than neurotypicals.
But there's also the dark underbelly of being a diagnosed card-carrying member of the ADHD community.
And when you're in business, you sometimes need to understand not only what those are, but how you can overcome them.
Because, my dear weenie, I really want you to thrive.
How to balance the darkness and light with your ADHD
This episode will guide you through what you need to know to find that beautiful harmonious balance between the two sides of your ADHD.
Yes, it can be a superpower. But it's also a curse.
Don't let the scales tip in either direction.
Listen to this episode, and prepare to unfurl your cape!
By the way, if this episode makes you realise that you need to get more help in understanding how you can move towards greater success in your current or future life as an ADHD entrepreneur, don't be a stranger.
Book into one of my Friday Brave Biz Labs sessions and talk with me all about it. I'll be able to support you, and offer some advice on some of the things you can do to step out of the weenie, and get closer to winning!
And what's more, it's FREE!!!
Just click this link.
Need something a bit more substantial?
Listeners to this podcast can access the brand new Weenie ADHD-preneur community by clicking here -
Here's what you'll get as a founding member:
- One 1-1 call with me, Katie McManus per month
- Access to all other ADHD entrepreneurs in the community so you can bounce off each other 'mastermind' style
- 10% off all my current and future programmes
- Exclusive bonus podcast episodes that WILL NOT be released to the public. We already have content in there that will absolutley transform your sales process and increase your conversion rates!
Can't wait to see you in there!
About Katie McManus
Katie McManus was trained in Executive Business Coaching and Leadership Development at the Co-Active Training Institute in San Rafael, California.
She's a CPCC (Certified Professional Co-Active Coach) and an ACC (Associate Certified Coach) with the International Coaching Federation.